Game Finisher!!! One of my post workout favorites: My GREEN HULK SMOOTHIE: 〰
Makes approximately two 24oz glasses. 〰
1. Kale, 1 cup worth.
2. Baby spinach, 1 cup worth.
3. Cucumbers, 1 medium peeled.
4. Celery, 2 stalks.
5. Green apple, half seeded.
6. Ginger root, shaved slices to taste.
7. Pineapple juice, freshly squeezed (ideal), 1 cup.
8. Coconut flakes, 1/4 cup.
9. Water, 3 cups.
10. Ice cubes, 1 cup.
11. Vanilla Whey Protein, 25-30g (Optional). 〰
Delicious, nutritious & fulfilling! A great snack, meal replacement or post workout smoothie. 😋
To accept your fate would suggest you did not create it. Accept nothing, CREATE EVERYTHING! 💪
#TBT #MyLeanDays ☺️
Leadership: An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions led by a sleep. #Wisdom
Achieving personal success, I keep it simple > ME AGAINST ME. If you’re making your goals complicated, that is your own wrong doing. If you take one day at a time, and respect the process you will no doubt STRESS LESS & ACHIEVE MORE.
Today’s weigh in: 163lbs/74kgs – 🙈
Hmm, so I’m down in body fat but evidently gained a little muscle. Sometimes it’s as if I just think the word muscle & I grow it! #GiftAndCurse 😏
I’ve gained 8lbs in 12days but feel leaner. Standing at 5’5 the charts, pies & graphs are telling me I’m absolutely overweight & at risk for a list of health issues, smh but I ain’t hearing it. #KissMy (_|_) 😌
I’m feeling stronger & running longer distances with more ease (increased my cardio endurance for sure!) so it’s time to change up the resistance training regime. No more heavy lifting (not that I was doing much of it 😳) instead I’ll switch it out for moderate-light weight at much higher reps. I’m not insecure about my weight, more concerned with feeling comfortable and I simply don’t want to carry too much more. If the scale exceeds 165+ I’m calling the WWF 😝
All this to say, tell your scales to kick rocks – Don’t let a scale reading fault your efforts, keep your chin high and adjust your approach as needed – BASED ON YOUR SPECIFIC GOALS. Also pay attention to how you feel, we often neglect what our bodies are trying to tell us because we’re more concerned with dropping 10lbs as quickly as possible! We also forget other contributing factors like, muscle weighing more than fat, nutrition, stress…etc. Focus more on building strong, capable bodies for health, strength & for yourself! ❤️💪
#AintAfraidOfTheScale #PolyProud #Genetics #BlackGirlsRock #Body #Strength #Health #FitChix #FitLife
MONDAY IS LEG DAY!!! This is what it’s looking like for me tonight: 👉
1. 10min warm up on Stairmaster + 20 Pop squats
2. 30x Step Ups w/20lbs DB
3. Leg Press Drop Set (plate weight): 8x 360lbs > 10x 270lbs > 12x 180lbs > to failure @ 90lbs
4. Walking lunges, no weight 20steps minimum
5. Deadlift Drop Set: 4x 225lbs > 6x 205lbs > 10x 155lbs > 15x 135lbs
6. Body Squats w/35lbs plate to chest (ass to grass) – in standing position raise to toes (work those calves!) ☝
1 set of everything followed by 2 extra sets of #2 #4 and #6… 💃
Personally I finish with 30-45mins of cardio (jog or slow Stairmaster) but if you find yourself walking like a baby giraffe perhaps you should spend 10-12mins stretching and hit a low impact machine like the Elliptical. 💪
#Monday #LegDay #Workout #Training #MakeItCount #Quads #Hamstrings #Calves #Glutes #Booty #Body #Physique #Strong #Power #Health #DontForgetToSQUEEZE #BabyGiraffeStatus 😎
Meal number who the heck cares …I’m hungryyyyy!!!! 😫
1. Baked Tilapia: seasoned with no-salt Jamaican curry spice, cayenne pepper & turmeric.
2. Legumes: caramelized Spanish onion with kidney beans & chickpeas then lightly seasoned with onion powder and garden herbs.
3. Vegetables: steamed Brussels sprouts and carrots in lemon & lime juice, sprinkled with black pepper. 🍴
You haven’t even finished reading this and I’ve already finished everything on this here plate! #NomNom 😋
#CleanEating #FoodPorn #GetInMyBelly #PolynesianAppetite #Protein #Vegetables #Legumes #Fish #Peskatarian #EatingForAbs