Sweet Potato will be on my menu list for the next 10-12 weeks so I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen (something I rarely do) in order to find a ‘clean’ and sodium-free way to cooking these bad boys in a way that make my taste buds dance and not curl up and cry.
Here’s my lunch recipe for Mr. Sweet Potato :
- Slice your sweet potato thinly, not too think that they look like flat potato chips but thin enough to fit through the spokes of your dinner fork.
- With your nonstick fry pan, slightly cover the surface with grape seed oil and simmer for 1min.
- Individually lay your slices, covering the pans surface
- Sprinkle (to taste):
> Cayenne pepper
> Black pepper
> Garlic powder
> Turmeric powder (a small pinch)
- Drizzle freshly squeezed lemon & lime juice on top
- Turn your slices once until brown & golden.
- Using a spatula scoop your slices out and lay on a plate covered in a paper towel, sit for a few minutes and EAT!