147 Billions of dollars are spent annually on medical costs associated with obesity in the United States – that’s 9% of all healthcare expenditures across the board! So start beating your bulge by hitting the gym and eating clean!
1. Strength Training – Adding weights to your routine not only makes you stronger and leaner, it also increases your metabolism and helps you burn more fat. Many women think by strength training they will become too muscular, not the case! Don’t be afraid of a little muscle tone, it looks great and is healthy. Remember; muscle helps you burn fat.
2. Eat Clean Foods – such as whole grains. A 2009 study in the Journal of Nutrition [http://www.nutrition.org/publications/the-journal-of-nutrition/] found that people who consume the highest amounts of whole grains have 2.4% less body fat than those who eat the least. So ladies, fuel your fat loss by choosing WHOLE GRAIN foods.
3. Love Cardio – Oh it’s not that bad! Many women tell me that they grow bored with their cardio workouts my advice would be to try adding one-minute intervals to your program to up your energy and blast fat. Don’t be afraid of the incline button ladies, don’t shy away, hit it!
4. Plan 5 to 6 Meals a Day – yupp, that’s right, eat, eat and eat again! Instead of three large meals, aim to eat 5-6 times per day. NEVER, I repeat NEVER skip on your breakfast.
5. Give it Some Time – Keep it realistic. Quick results usually don’t last, so go with the slow-and-steady approach to reach your goals and stay lean. If you’re losing crazy weight in a short period of time chances are you’re losing it in a unhealthy manner. More times than none you’ll probably put that weight right back on so aim to do it the right way, the healthy way!